An essential item for your table seating arrangements, place cards don’t have to be plain and unexciting and are a great way of incorporating your chosen style or theme into your table settings…
Here are some inspiring ways in which to transform a simple place card into a stylish table accessory:
1. For a decadent and glamorous themed table setting, attach a feather in the colour of choice to a place card.
3. Tie some ribbon through a two-hole place card to create a bow for a simple yet elegant finishing touch. A large bow creates a luxurious feel and smaller bows create a more chic, vintage feel.
4. A crystal spray tied or stuck onto a place card adds a touch of delicate sparkle to your table setting.
5. For weddings incorporating a butterfly theme, fasten a glitter butterfly into a two-hole place card. With butterflies available in eight different colours, from purple to chocolate brown, this is a great way of keeping your place cards in line with your colour scheme. You could try alternating the colours of the butterflies for each name card, to bring some extra colour to your table!
6. Incorporate your place card into your favours by tying a ‘luggage tag’ style card, with your choice of ribbon, onto your favour box.
7. Tie ‘luggage tag’ style place cards to napkins, with your choice of ribbon, to co-ordinate with your colour scheme.
8. For a touch of simple yet elegant style, use a gorgeous place card holder such as our crystal place card holder to catch the light beautifully on your table and to add that important bit of sparkle!
9. Think Ink!!! You don’t necessarily have to use black ink when writing out your place cards. Silver ink can look very elegant or if you are having a retro or vintage themed wedding, try using brighter coloured inks.
10. Place cards don’t always need to be used for people’s names – for example, consider tying them to disposable cameras with the words “Please Use Me” written on them, to encourage guests to capture those more impromptu moments of your special day!